Thursday 1 July 2010

30 and still standing

Class Thirty of Thirty
(9.30am, 30th June, taught by Nicky)

I DID IT! 30 classes in 30 days. I was worried about the last class, I have had a couple of really good classes and I wanted to go out on a high note - and guess what, I did. There were a group of us in the front row all on our last class so the energy was up and the yoga flowed!

Got through all of the postures and was able to focus my attention in on my breathing and managed to keep in that zone for almost all of the class.

Followed the class with a class of advanced - more of a giggle really. Half of the series requires flexibility beyond mine (at the moment) and the other half I just can't work out which limb is going where!!! I enjoy advanced but more because of the good craic rather than my ability to do any of it!

I am going to take a couple of days off before going back into the pit. I will be doing the fun class down at Watermead Park. I also plan to write an epilogue to this blog... (does that make it an 'Epiblog'?) to look at what I have learnt over the past month. But for now I know it is short but I am off to lie down! (Not in savasana, just a simple lie down!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi David. Congratulations on completing your challenge. Just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed reading your blog. I only managed 10 classes in June as work/family needed my time too, but hope I'll do the next one - have been inspired by your experience!
    Best wishes, Amanda

    ReplyDelete