Tuesday 1 June 2010

And so it begins...

Class One of Thirty
(7.45pm 1st June, taught by Sharan)

Well the madness has started! One class down and twenty-nine to go. Can't say it was exactly the start I was hoping for...I kinda thought I would feel grim towards the middle and end of the 30 days but today's class was pretty tough! I am not sure if it is psychological, or a fact, but when it is rainy outside it seems to get uber-humid in there and that seems to make it harder to breathe. That then leads to breathing through my mouth and that just seems to throw everything.

As for this blog... not sure how this is going to pan out, not sure if anyone is going to be bothered to read it, but if nothing else it should help focus my mind on the next 29 days of sweaty Bikram madness!

I think I am planning on concentrating on form over the challenge. I have booked a place on the posture clinic at the end of the month as it will have been 5 months I have been practicing. It would be good to check out how things are developing and hopefully nip any bad habits I may have picked up. I certainly found the demonstration Sharan was press-ganged into giving of Trikanasana on Sunday morning very useful... it turns out that I have been over complicating things - the first arm movement is just the arms moving, nothing else. Thinking about it I am sure the dialogue says 'moving just the arms'... but by that point in the class my brain is starting to slowly braise and whilst I hear the words they don't always make sense (something I am hoping to pick up on during the course of this blog) so it was good to see what I am meant to be doing.

Well I guess that is it for day 1/30... hopefully tomorrow's class will be a little easier... so I am off to practice my Savasana for the next few hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment