Saturday 26 June 2010

Sasangasana

Class Twenty-Six of Thirty
(5.00pm, 26th June, taught by Libby)

That's right... the observant amongst you will see that this is the second class of the day! I pulled a double. I did the Posture Clinic (which was amazing and I may well blog about it after the 30 day challenge is over...) which was amazing - thanks to Libby and Rachel for teaching and thanks to my fellow posture clinic chums for making it a great experience and I am looking forward to the floor series tomorrow! (If you ever get the chance to do a clinic do it! It gives the opportunity to better understand each posture and the chance to ask questions.)

So I have not done a double before. It was quite an experience. I had to dig down very deep to try and keep the energy to get through it. Interestingly I have been a little dismissive of the whole re-energising thing. Guess what... I had a couple of glimpses of how it might actually re-energise! There were a couple of moments at the end of the class when I suddenly felt really strong and 'proud' in my postures - needless to say it passed quickly!

So today is about Rabbit. I have had a love/hate relationship with this posture. I am currently quite liking it. There is always the risk that you end up getting sweat up your nose and it feeling like you have just dived into a swimming pool! The one thing I don't get about this, and a fair number of the floor series, is why it is called rabbit - it doesn't look like a rabbit to me! Something I have to watch is keeping my feet/heels down onto the floor and making sure my arms lock out. I have found the key is to get my forehead onto my knee then as I move forward my head meets the floor just before my knees.

In terms of Science...
  • Gives a longitudinal stretch to the spine
  • Improves digestion
  • May help cures colds, sinus problems and tonsillitis
  • Positive effects on thyroid and parathyroid glands
  • Helps children reach their full growth potential
Again, apologies for the shortness of this post but I need to go get into Savasana. Methinks I may well get very deep into this posture very quickly!

Blimey - only 4 left!

No comments:

Post a Comment